As I write this the resale of the final Glastonbury 2013 tickets is taking place and, by the time I finish writing this, they will have probably sold out. So what are the alternatives? Well there are lots of festivals in the UK that are well worth going to, perhaps not of the same calibre as Glastonbury, but equally enjoyable and maybe a bit less commercialized and almost certainly cheaper.
How about the Latitude Festival which is held on Thursday 18th July to Sunday 21st July 2013? Latitude is held in the beautiful grounds of Henham Park, Southwold, Suffolk. OK you haven’t got The Rolling Stones like they have at Glastonbury, but Latitude does have Kraftwerk. There’s also a great line-up of comedy acts as well, including Dylan Moran and Sean Lock.
As with any festival, if you book your motorhome hire in advance, but don’t manage to get your festival tickets, your deposit will be refunded in full.
So what are the advantages of hiring a motorhome for a festival?
- You will have your own clean private toilet
- You will have an ice cold fridge to keep your beer in
- You will have a secure base for your valuables
- You will have the most comfortable beds on site
- You will be able to wash!
- You can cook your own food
- You will have a dry, warm place to chill and relax with your friends
- If it’s really sunny and hot, shade will be at a premium, but you will have your own awning to keep cool under
I could go on, but going to a festival is a really fun thing to do and going in a motorhome makes it even more fun.