The Caravan Club is well worth joining if you intend on spending more than 1 week a year in a motorhome or a caravan. The real advantage is their network of small Certified Location campsites or CLs as they are usually referred to. These CL sites are just for 5 motorhomes and/or caravans and have basic, but adequate facilities. The main advantage is that they cost somewhere between £10 and £15 per night for a family of 2 adults and 2 children. The Caravan Club is an alternative to The Camping and Caravanning Club. One disadvantage of The Caravan Club is that you have to be a member of the club before you can explore their web site properly. For this reason I actually joined The Camping and Caravanning Club instead, because I wanted to be certain that I could make a reservation at a specific camp site, before I became a member. This is not possible with The Caravan Club.
The Caravan Club say:
- With over 200 Club sites in glorious locations, plus over 2,500 Certificated Locations (member-only & 5 vans at a time), you have a vast choice of holidays from great natural beauty to vibrant cities. Members also save £10 a night on Club sites open to non-members.
- The Club gives you access to thousands of overseas sites and tours. You can also make the most of our ferry discounts and stay covered with our premium holiday insurance.
- There are so many great ways to save money by being a Member. We have special offers on Club sites, Member offers and Great Days Out discounts and you can earn points towards free nights away with The Club credit card.
- The Caravan Club is always there to offer you free technical help and advice with every aspect of touring, as well as a free monthly Club magazine, packed with fantastic features, news and reviews.
- The Caravan Club works hard to ensure members get great value for money on insurance and financial services. Plus if you breakdown, you’ll be covered by Mayday UK. Read more
- When you join The Club you enjoy full access to Club Together. Here you can chat, interact, ask and review all things touring.
At the time of writing it costs £43/year to join The Camping Club if you arrange to pay by Direct Debit. If you choose to pay by some other method there is an initial £10 set up fee.